Tonight, my spirit wants to complain.
There are a couple of stressful areas of my life right now that I am trying to solve, and my natural self wants to obsess about those problems until I conquer them with pure willpower. If I’m honest, though, fixing those issues won’t make me happy because two equally urgent conundrums will instantly take their place. We live in a broken world surrounded by imperfect people, and while we should continue to take concrete steps toward progress, sometimes we need to take a break and count our blessings.
Here I go:
- Today I shared my commute with my dad.
- Today I laughed with my coworkers.
- Today I ate lunch with my husband.
- Today I discussed movie theme songs live on the radio.
- Today I drove home to a hot dinner waiting in the crock pot.
Sometimes we need to take a break and count our blessings.
You know what?
That actually sounds like a pretty good day.
The Reluctant Bride